Luxury Cars 2010

Sunday, March 27, 2011

GPS Data Inform To Us Of 20 Worst Bottlenecks In American


Very annoying if we get stuck in traffic, wherever it is located. Even if it was only for a few minutes, the feeling of urgency and anger crept into the hearts and minds quickly. Now, imagine stuck in traffic several hours a day, five days a week. For some people, this is a way of life. To find out who has the worst journey in the country, Daily Beast studied and calculated the Top 20 worst congestion in America.

The factors that go into a long list including corridor traffic, rush hour travel time of the longest stretches along the road and the time required to drive miles along the stretch of that during peak hours the highest volume. They also calculate how many bad stretch of road during the worst periods of peak hours versus normal driving. California Delta Highway/CA-4 took that honor in a breeze, took 318 percent longer to travel during busy periods. jau-carmodification.blogspot.com

The data was gathered from GPS and smartphone tracking of four million vehicles by a company called INRIX, which the Daily Beast compiled into the top 20 list. Now, without further ado, the top 20 worst commutes in the nation:

1. Riverside Freeway/Calif. Highway 91 eastbound, Los Angeles
2. Lunalilo Freeway/I-1 eastbound, Honolulu
3. California Delta Highway/Calif. Highway 4 westbound, San Francisco
4. I-95 southbound, Washington, D.C.
5. Bruckner/Cross Bronx Expressways (I-95 southbound), New York
6. I-35 southbound, Austin-Round Rock
7. Connecticut Turnpike (I-95 northbound), Bridgeport8. I-405 southbound, Seattle
9. Bayshore Freeway (U.S. 101 southbound), San Jose, Calif.
10. Kennedy/Dan Ryan Expressways (I-90/I-94 eastbound), Chicago
11. I-5 northbound, Portland, Ore.
12. Calif. Highway 78 eastbound, San Diego
13. I-494 eastbound, Minneapolis
14. Southwest/Eastex Freeways (U.S. 59 northbound), Houston
15. Southeast Expressway (I-93 northbound), Boston
16. Hampton Roads Beltway (I-64 westbound), Virginia Beach, Va.
17. Baltimore Beltway Inner Loop (I-695 eastbound), Baltimore
18. Schuylkill Expressway (I-76 westbound), Philadelphia
19. North Freeway (I-35W northbound), Dallas
20. Ventura Freeway (U.S. 101 northbound), Oxnard, Calif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Pages

Followers

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com
 
Luxury Cars 2010
Luxury Cars 2010